Well, I had a trip down memory lane over the weekend, and I couldn't help thinking of this thread.

My buddy Bob attained ambient temperature over the winter, and I inherited his Ruger Model 44 Carbine. I've been getting it ready for deer hunting this season, and I finally had it out to the bench to do a final sight-in at 100 yards. Lo and behold, I ended up with a roughly 4" group about 1.5 inches over the bull. I doubt this rifle will ever fire more than 50 yards at a deer-- perfect for treestands or sliding through the cedar thickets. It'll also be my 1st choice if I ever get back over into Ohio and hunt under their new PCR rules.

Only 4 MOA! Egads, Shaman!

Truth is, I'm sure the rifle could do better, but I mounted a 1st gen Aimpoint on it. This is a scope I took off O.T.'s 25-06, so I'll be hunting with 2 dead friends this year. The scope puts a 2 MOA red dot on the target, so it more than covered the bullseye at 100 yards.

Judging from the fountains of spray coming up from the puddle behind the target frame, I'm quite impressed.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer