Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by shaman
The scope puts a 2 MOA red dot on the target, so it more than covered the bullseye at 100 yards.

You need a different target to assess the real potential. By using the correct target I was able to consistently shoot well below moa using a scope topping out at 6x and having moa thick crosshairs.

^^^^^^^^^^ YEP,

Originally Posted by shaman
The scope puts a 2 MOA red dot on the target, so it more than covered the bullseye at 100 yards.

When your scope reticle, red dot, whatever - COVERS your aiming point you have NO idea where the CENTER of your scope is
WHEN the shot goes off.

Shaman ? ?

I know you are not a novice.

Long ago I figured out that a 'black background' target with a black crosshair wasn't good for specific aiming >> for me.
Different people with different eyes should experiment with different COLORS and SIZES for their target (aiming point).
All don't have the same eye quality. All don't see colors the same as others.
eg. I have a slight color phase blindness. I bought and painted walls with a TAN paint. However IN the house with less than BRIGHT light, the walls have a PASTEL green hue - TO ME.

I like/use 4plex type scope crosshairs and whatever target I use --- I AIM at 6 O'clock. The target is ABOVE my crosshair and I know
WHEN the shot goes off IF I'm off, L, R, H, or Lo.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!