Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Trying these for the first time this morning. Not real cold, truck says its 34sh as I sit here waiting to go to the stand.

Always thought it was sweat that was maki g my feet cold but I am starting to wonder. Been noticing they get cold even if they aren't sweating.

Need a pair of those zip up covers too see if just keeping the cold air from directly contacting my boots helps.

I'm not being a ninny when I say that y'all need to be very careful with heat packs in your boots. My buddy SuperCore decided when he first went deer hunting with me to try those toe-warmer packs in his boots. His feet were nice and toasty, and he did not have any discomfort. However, when he took his socks off at the end of the day, the packs had produced 2nd degree burns. The blisters caused all kinds of hell, and he nearly lost his toes. You can still see the scars on his feet after a decade.

The problem is like this: If you put your feet on a hot griddle, you'd feel pain immediately. However, a low-level heat source left for hours on the same bit of skin cooks the skin and underlying flesh same way putting a steak into an oven at 125F and leaving it for 4 hours does a pretty good job of cooking it.

Have wondered about this. Good to know

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!