For all-day stand sits in really cold weather (below zero), I don't wear any boots. smile

The bulk of the below probably doesn't apply to the backcountry but I don't believe that was the intent by the OP.

I wear a light hiker (or non-insulated rubber boot) to/front stand and take them off @ stand/blind.
Remove socks I wore on the trek, then put on a light merino, followed by heavy merino sock, then slip feet into either original boot blankets or Western Mountaineering Down booties (the WM booties pack much easier). A handwarmer can get tossed in for additional comfort.

It's not without tradeoff though - if I need to bail in a hurry (say, a follow-up, trailing-type thing), I'm SOL. *grins*

If it's not cold enough to warrant the above shenanigans, the key is having dry feet when you reach your destination.
I won't get into boot choices because everyone has their favorites and I don't put as much stock in the boot itself as I do moisture management - a lot of insulated boots will work the key is having enough room so blood flow isn't restricted - and sometimes that means a larger size to accommodate an additional sock.

The Injinji liner socks are a bit goofy looking but holy hellz do they move moisture to the outside sock. If it's a long walk, I just change the layer next to the Injinji's (upon arrival) and I'm good to go - this even works well when wearing insulated rubber boots (which is normally what I'm wearing when archery hunting).

Often overlooked is the drying of boots each night. I dry mine via electric drier, propane drier or drier that utilizes the utility outlet in my truck.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D