Minnesota big whitetail bucks with a few years of age get very smart so noise ,scent and even movement will send that old buck running, but in the cold weather after the rutt these old big bucks move better in the day-light hrs. to farm fields with some type of food. the best way in the cold /snow December days for bowhunting is stand hunting mostly from a tree but sometimes a warm ground blind can work too with the right wind. so warm boots are always needed i have now went to using winter one size too big Muck boots with those trow- away toe warmers ,they last about 5-6 hours . once i get to the stand i remove one muck boot at a time put clean dry light sock on,then another wool sock,then the stick-on toe warmer with my muck boot. i am good for 5-6 hrs. but i also put a big facemask type wool stocking hat on then my jacket hood over that.for my hands i use hand warmers on them too with light gloves inside a a big mitt. > i may hate hunting in the cold in some ways but i have shot some dandy old bucks in the cold-snow late December archery season on certain days and sometimes i never see anything too its a hit or mis,but the one thing i never see is humans anymore in the woods,unless my 30 year son goes too. cold frigid weather can be dangerous so always use caution and i do bring a shut off phone with,so be careful and let someone know where your kinda at too. Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 01/02/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman