Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by satir
that has not always been true. Many have risked all, when they had plenty. Our Founding fathers, for instance. The volunteers in our military, too. It only takes one guy with balls showing the way and others will follow. It would be VERY easy to make DC shut down.

The People allowed their gold to be confiscated, and they did not rise up.

The People watched Ruby Ridge, and they did not rise up.

The People watched WACO, and they did not rise up.

The People watched Justice Scalia murdered, and they did not rise up.

The People allowed the Illegal Affordable Care Act to move forward, and they did not rise up.

What is it you were saying about this “It only takes one guy with balls showing the way and others will follow”?

ETA: The People watched their government murder WW1 Vets in DC, for just wanting their pay, and they did not rise up.

Additionally, the people allowed mass murder of babies, defacto open borders and welfare for illegals, and their jobs to be shipped overseas. Why? Bread and circuses continued uninterrupted. As long as they do, we ain't gonna do much but bitch. You have to remember that the people of the founding Father's time did not have anything to do with their five minutes of leisure time a week but perhaps keep up with politics and reading a newspaper was a big deal. They did not have ESPN and the college football playoff for the guys and fat bitch shows for the gals, glowing rectangles to massage, and unlimited food even if they did not do anything. They didn't work, they didn't eat and losing a livlihood put starvation on the table.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that I believe that economic times are gonna have to pinch harder than anything any of us have ever experienced before any type of revolution gets kicked off.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn