as some here may know....I retired from UPS package after 27 yrs.......in 2011

the 788 shown in pic should have never been placed on the UPS truck for delivery.....

Or...the driver seeing the condition of the carton should have never delivered it....

Along with that...the shipper did not know squat about how to package a rifle...it should have had

the stock removed and barreled action and stock wrapped/packed seperately ...tightly together in box

Fed Ex ground......? had real problems a while back....but they have gotten better......new driver I blame

Like these tires in pic....he was too damm lazy to bring inside my closed gate....luckily no one ripped them off

Tracking ? This time of year...any of the three shippers....? I never even believe it.....just wait for the box to show up...

UPS in some states is on a 'incentive system' (Utah).....driver takes out a planned 10 hr day....delivers it in 9 hrs...he

gets paid 9 hrs straight time & 1 hr time & a half.....follow....that's why you see them busting balls in some areas...

The term 'driver release' for a package delivery also can mean 'Driver Runs' especially if he delivers a box like the 788 was in... grin

OP......good luck with your claim & finding a replacement stock....that sucks...had a busted stock a few yrs ago on a 1956 Marlin 39

Shipper refunded my full price of the rifle from Gun Broker...poor pack job......Fed Ex ground...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !