Originally Posted by Seafire
This has been 10 plus years ago.... I sent an order of Medical items to a customer in Nebraska... $3500 worth..

Fed Ex was the closest carrier, so I ship it via them... paid for the insurance for the $3500 items...

Several days later I get a call from Fed Ex in Lincoln NEB....

my packaged arrived to their station... for some reason, the box arrived, but had been busted open and the contents were gone....

" would you like us to deliver the empty box?" ya gotta be kidding me...

I called the customer and let them know what had happened... their administrator called back two days later and told me Fed Ex had delivered an empty, smashed box..

I reordered the product and shipped it UPS... it got there 4 days later...

Filed a claim with Fed Ex for the product they lost....

they denied the claim, saying their job was to deliver a box.... not the contents... so therefore, since they delivered the empty smashed box, they had no liability to pay the claim on the insurance I paid for...

I haven't used Fed Ex EVER since that time....

I've had several suppliers who have started using Fed Ex over the last year.... I've refused the box and told them I want the items sent via UPS..
they tell me that they are now using Fed Ex exclusively.. Each time I have changed vendors....

screw Fed Ex.. no wonder they are called FED UP... I certainly was over them costing me $3500, and call delivering an empty box as them doing their job...

Wow.... Don't blame you... eek

And yeah, the Fed-Ex drivers are contractors - not dedicated employees (related to me by one of their drivers a few months ago) like UPS drivers... To be fair, the Fed-Ex drivers I've encountered have been very, very nice and friendly to talk to.. But they can't control what's on their truck - that's the loaders' job at the centers..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!