Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'm not sure if you can go to a ground terminal and pick things up ?
It happens at my freight terminal every day.
It would boggle your mind how many people order things, and when we show up, have no way to unload it off our trailers.
If I can't manage it with a lift gate, it goes back, and many times the customer shows up with a truck or a trailer, and our dock guys use a forklift to load it up.
Many times, things come in for dock pick up.

Do you have the terminals number? If so, and called, what did they say ?
I don't, but fully expect what you stated above; even if I show up - where the hell is the two boxes??? There's probably a few MILLION items there..

Called Home Depot - she said her screen says they should be here by end of day today.. I told her I have five bux that sez they won't... And I know that this particular time of year - what with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that shippers are overwhelmed... As long as they're here by the 24th, I'm ok.. It's my wife's medical stuff that really concerns me...

Lesson learned - do NOT NOT NOT order anything withing 10 days of those two shopping days...

Lee,
The local FedEx ground hub near me let me pick-up packages from their location. I had to bring my picture ID to get it.

Hmmm... Well maybe I should give 'em a call and see if that's possible to do here... I did get another email saying they're due today - but I've read that song and dance for 8 straight days now so I'm not holdin' my breath.. Thanks for that info sir... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!