Originally Posted by 79inpa
I just purchased a use t3 stainless in 7mm 08 from gunbroker.com. It developed a problem with light strikes so I sent it back to tikka to have them look at it. They cleaned it and sent it back to me saying that the problem was that the prior owner didn't take care of it. I then took it elk hunting when I fell on the scope on my other rifle. Last day at 40 yards I squeezed the trigger on an elk at 40 yards and was rewarded nothing but a muffled click from the rifle.

I just got around to trying different primers in my handloads and found out that half of all brands of primers don't ignite all the time in this particular rifle. A local gunsmith took one look at the rifle and told me that I have a weak firing pin spring in the rifle. Whether he is right or not I can't tell because I don't have the rifle back yet, however it would appear that in this case this particular rifle does seem to have some light strike problems.

Make sure your bolt is cleaned of all lube in the firing pin spring and hole. Flush with brake cleaner

Clos

NRA Life Member