Originally Posted by ponderosa11
I’d be curious how many Tikka owners have found themselves inconvenienced by the lack of a true short action. And how many people who criticize the Tikka for this buy Remington 700’s in 223 when the Howa Mini Action is available?

I get it, though. It’s a cost saving measure. I held off on buying a Tikka for a while because I didn’t want to feel like I had a budget gun. When I finally got a Tikka and took it to the range, all the little things stopped bothering me pretty quick.

I know it's a personal thing. I can't like Rem 700 long actions. No real reason why. Rem 700 SA 223's and 223AI's? I'll love them all day long. Never tried a Howa Mini...but I don't have a need for it. Wanted to try a Fieldcraft 223 action, but I don't guess that will ever come to fruition. I've had several Tikka's, including 1-8" 223 lite, 1-8" 223 SS Superlite, 25-06, and 260. They all went down the road, because I have an aversion to LA's. But again....it's just me. And I can't get over it. Give me short action....or nothing.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless