Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Brad
Haters gonna hate. Think Glock, circa 1989.....

Why 1989?

Just because that’s as far back as I can remember them. 😜

Ha! Thanks, I thought maybe I’d missed something.

Oddly, I remember the month and year I saw my first Glock, August 1983... an Austrian border guard was packing one, and man I’d never seen a pistol like it!

My parents gave me a SS Colt 1911, 45 ACP of course, as a graduation present from high school. The fella that worked at the shop told my dad I could trade it for a Glock 17, as long as I didn’t shoot it (the good old days, for sure)

My response: not a chance in hell I want a plastic pistol.

Fast forward to today...I’m quite a Glock fan.

People will catch up to Tikkas.

I think Tikkas are already pretty popular and well known, hell they were the top selling hunting rifle at a medium sized local gun store I used to frequent 10 years ago.

They're still good rifles, but between price increases and more strict MAP enforcement they are quite a bit more expensive relative to the rest of the market than they used to be. They've gone from being a must-buy deal to a frontish to middle of the pack contender. SS Tikkas under $600 and blued under $500 were great deals, now that prices are $120 to $150 higher, they just aren't the automatic buy they were, at least for me.

Honestly, I think the Kimber Hunter gives the regular Tikka Lites stiff competition these days, it costs about the same, has faster twist rates, 3 position safety, better ergos and weighs a pound less. My recent production Kimber has shot about middle of the pack, or a little better as compared to my Tikkas which in and of themselves are usually pretty good for light rifles (my CTR was phenomenally accurate, but also quite a bit heavier).

I'm certainly not a Tikka hater, but there are some things I think they could do better, especially as the price has increased.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 12/18/19.