now imma preface this with i'm about the biggest or one of the biggest tikka nuts you will find. TO ME they just check more boxes than the rest of the pack. but, when i pulled the barreled action outta my fluted stainless hunter 260 rem there was some "staining" of the stainless/silver. it didn't appear to be rust as i couldn't feel it on the surface best i can remember. the gun was at that time still new and never shot cept by the factory. it didn't make me happy but once i shot it i quickly forgot about the "issue". i did as i do all of my new to me rifles in that while i had the barreled action outta the stock i layed the eezox on heavy and assembled the barreled action back into the stock and as far as i can tell i've not had rust issues. now, i've not put a wet gun back into the case for days or even hours though. thought that was just common sense though......... heres a tip:cut you some 2"x2" section off on old t-shirt or gun barrel patches or whatever and go ahead a saturate them with your choice of protectant.i like above mentioned eezox or ballistol personally,and put em in a ziplock bag and put em in your day pack or truck toolbox or whatever you will be in when you are hunting and when rain hits when you get back to your truck wipe the exterior of the gun down before you put it in the gun case. if your feeling really froggy buy you a patch worm kit and keep that with you then you can pull a cleaning patch thru the bore also to be sho nuff protected.
just my thoughts fellas,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen