Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by BenfromNY

About the rust .... stainless is not rust proof, it just is more resistant. Keep it dry clean and LIGHTLY oiled and it won’t rust, blued or stainless.

Everyone knows that stainless is not rust proof.

What we're saying is that the stainless alloy used on Tikkas, or perhaps the finishing process, seems to render them less rust resistant than other stainless firearms. I had to be more careful about reapplication of oil or corrosion inhibitor after a wet day of hunting, or even just temperature change condensation than I did other rifles like SS Winchesters or Ruger's. I treat all of my firearms with Eezox before they ever go to the field and I touch them up regularly thereafter.

This hasn’t been my experience, I don’t believe tikka SS is any more rust prone than other makes with a similar finish.

I may could buy that an SS M77 MKII is slightly easier to keep rust free than an SS tikka, but that’s more to do with polished finish vs bead blasted IMO. I doubt a bead blasted ruger Hawkeye is any more corrosion resistant than a tikka. I’ve had all three of the rifles I’ve mentioned, with no significant rust on any of them. But I haven’t put any of them away wet either...