Are you calling coyotes or just targets of opportunity?

Calling,

A short handy rifle with a scope that would work well from your shoelaces to 300 yards, caliber of your choice if your not saving fur. I call and save fur so a 222 Rem with a 1.5-6x40mm and a 22-204 with the same scope work for me. I'm going out today with a Win Model 70 222 Rem with a Meopta Artimes 1.5-6x40mm(it is on the heavy side and hence the Howa), I have a Savage 10 20 Practical in the works with a Burris 4X 1.5-6x40mm on it and am seriously looking at a Howa Mini HB in 223 and bob the mag. Another of my faves is a Sako Vixen with a 2-7 scope on it.

Targets of opportunity

Here a longer range rifle comes into play, shots in farm country can be long, being farm country and hobbie farms I'd seriously look into putting a can on it. 22-250-6.5-Something, 2-10x40-4-16x40 scope with ballistic reticle, you need to get a very good(expensive) if your going to rely on turning turrets and it is too easy to forget to turn things back to Zero going in and out of the truck all day. I shoot a 22-250 LVSF with a Elite 4200 2.5-10x40mm. A HB isn't out of the question here if your not going to hike long distances

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders