I own one that I made a lot of my living with 30 years ago shooting fur. It's a Sako in 222 Remington.

However today, the rifle I get the most coyotes with is a light barreled AR15 in 223. The 223 from a 16" barrel gives me identical ballistics as my Sako 222 with it's 22" barrel . I shoot a 50 grain bullet at 2850 from both. Same bullet, same speed. The AR is only able to shoot about 1-1/8" at 100 yards and the Sako shoots about 1/2" but the AR gives me instant ability to fire again, and I have found that to be a huge advantage when you find the occasional pack of coyotes instead of the singles and doubles. I do have another AR with a match barrel, but it's heavier and doesn't handle as quick as the light carbine so I have found I get more coyotes with the light one. The faster handling of the short light one makes for more opportunities to get a shot and the heavier match barreled gun is very easy to make precise hits with, but it's slower into action, so I just don't get the opportunities to fire with it as often.

I still love the classy old Sako, but if I were to go buy a rifle for shooting coyotes today, it would be an AR15 without any reservations at all. Install a good match trigger and you'll get a lot of shots and make a lot of hits.