I've said many times on here that I think the Smith and Wesson 686 is the best 357 Mag. ever made. I will not deviate from that. If you like the blued version, it's just as good. I think the 686 is better due to my preference overall for stainless steel, but you could say the 686/586 is the best. 681/581 versions are the same only with fixed sights. I prefer adjustable, but these are good guns too.

The only thing that makes a 627/27 a lesser gun is the size. They are a bit large for a 357. Same with the 28 which I'd rate a bit lower than the 27 due to fit and finish. The 28 was cheaper though, so there's that. Overall I think most 27's are slicker from the factory.

The next in line would have to be the Security Six by Ruger. It surprised me when they came out with the GP-100 because IMO there was no need. Nevertheless, the GP is more robust but also larger. I'd rate the GP as the next down since smaller is better when it comes to these guns unless you start getting into excessive recoil or they are simply not big enough to handle the cartridge, but the Security Six always was.

I'd rate the Trooper MkIII/King Cobra as next in line. Some have suffered from less than stellar parts over the years and IMO they are not as robust as the Rugers.

Python comes in next. Beautiful gun, just not as good as the others. New Python really isn't a Python but whatever it is, there are bad things being said about it. Dunno where it will end up when/if Colt gets it ironed out.

Smith and Wesson model 19 is a nice little gun, just proven not quite enough in the metal department for the cartridge. Same with other K frame Smith's and even worse with the smaller guns like the 642. Fine for special applications and mainly shooting 38's or 38 level 357 loads.

Taurus, Rossi, and some others have made 357's over the years. Even the Desert Iggle. Put them in any order y'all want at the bottom.

JMO, and other posters here are welcome to their own even though if they're different than mine they're wrong.