All of those are good guns, no doubt. Currently, my only .357 is a 4 in. M-19 with Hogue rubber grips that I quite enjoy shooting. I mostly shoot .38s in it, but I keep 158 gr coated LSWCs in it for business use. I have owned two other .357s over the years, a 4 in. Ruger Security Six and a 6 in. M-19. Both were good pistols. I sold the Security Six to buy the 6 in. M-19 as I preferred the perceived quality of the S&W better. I had no complaints against the Ruger at all and thought it a fine pistol, but I just preferred the Smith. After a couple of years I sold the Smith because the 6 in. barrel was just not handy. Nothing at all wrong with the quality, just too long for me. I have never owned a Python and have no desire to. There is just something about them that I don't like. Maybe too much uneeded metal? I just don't like the feel of them. I would rather have a Ruger than a Colt. Some people like Toyotas and some like Hondas. Both will get the job done. I have two other S&W revolvers in other calibers as well and a Taurus and a Charter Arms in .38. When it comes to revolvers, I'm just a S&W kinda guy. My latest is a M-69 .44 Mag. that I am working with. Compared to the .44, the .357 is kinda like going from a .22 to a 9 MM.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."