Originally Posted by Cariboujack
EE, first I have to say I do like that knife in your picture. What is it. I may need one. Imagine that, and I never knew it.

I have to agree with your list. I'm more of a Ruger guy over the years, but I still have a 686plus 3" like Shrapnel used to show in pictures. What a fine gun.

I don't see how a guy could find a better carrying gun than the Six Series Rugers. I have a pretty good mixture of the Security Sixes, Speed Sixes and a couple of Service sixes. The fixed sight guns typically are house guns, and just general use. After all these years I can't decide if the 4" or the 2-3/4" barrels are my favorites.

How can some one not like the 19's and the 66's? I love the 3"ers but feelings for them are way too strong, to justify over the 2-1/2" guns. How can 1/2" make that much difference. They both look good, a guy just has to have both.

I've had 38's and 44 specials in Taurus, but never a 357 mag. I'm not sure why, the others that I've had have certainly been exemplary guns. I've had at least one 44 of one kind or another for years. How can you not? The 3" 431 is a wonderful gun and very handy

Charter Arms guns I've had a couple of 38's for a short time, I've also had at least one 44 of one kind or another for years. How can you not?

I certainly wished my dad's model 27 3-1/2" would have come to me, but one of his step kids grabbed it, probably only to sell. I'm sure he would never have appreciated it as much as I would have.

I will never not have a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 mag. 4-5/8" just look right and feel right.

One that hasn't been mentioned is the Ruger SP101 3" . Actually I have had all 3 lengths, but prefer the 3" and 4". They are comfortable and just the right size to carry, and conceal and generally always have one with you. 3" seems to be plesantly the perfect general size. I even have one that's been customized by Gemeni Customs, that has the high vis front sight, and adjustable rears (probably Smith J frame sights). It just has a sense of being stronger than the model 60.

Good Reviews EE.
Many thanks. Hawkeye beat me to it on my own knife. lol It's a big knife, but I certainly like it. It wasn't expensive and it's made here in the USA.