IMO no 357 says Business like a 3 1/2” N frame. But the Ns really aren’t great due to OAL constraints with their short cylinders.

I prefer Magna stocks due to having skinny hands and that discounts the Ks for me if lots of shooting is in order with magnum loads.

The L frames are a great compromise and I think they’re pretty close to the Goldilocks of 357s. Good cylinder length, lugged barrels add enough weight to tame recoil, and the grip frame is a good size for my hands. I’ve been thinking of picking up a 4” 686 of late though it would be hard to abandon my heavy loaded 38s as field guns.

I have yet to meet a Colt I really liked in 357. Closest would be a 357 or early Trooper. I’ve long been of the opinion that the Python is a silly looking holdover from the disco era and have replaced enough sintered internals in MKIII Troopers to not care for them. Also never really warmed to the long stacking DA pull of the old style actions and don’t care for the shape and size of the grip frame on the Colt 41 frame.

Never been a Ruger DA guy. Aside from the Speed, Service, and Security series it’s always seemed to me that they were overbuilt for little reason in some areas and often crudely finished. The lack of parts and factory service for the Security lockwork guns is a turnoff as well. Lack of Magna style stocks and no other options is a dealbreaker for the GP and SP for me too. Now talking SA the 357 Blackhawk is an excellent package of affordability and durability, I don’t see ever selling the 4 5/8 I have.

Maybe I’m a snob or maybe I’m jaded from working as a gunsmith for a while but I’ll pass hard and completely on anything Taurus or Charter. Ditto Rossi, Llama, and any other budget brand I’ve ever encountered.