Your scope is not the problem. You have a varmint rifle/scope setup and not a coyote setup.

I would be more concerned about 6x low end as I have had coyotes get close and not able to find them at 6x (I had a 6x at that time)

I have run Leupold 2.5-8x36 and 3.5-10x40 on my coyote rifles which are a Kimber 84M Varmint 22-250 which is cerecoted and bedded in a Wildcat fibreglass stock. 55gr VMax driven about 3700. Sighted in about 2" high at a hundred. Gave a coyote about 4" of elevation above its back and killed him with a low chest shot. The scope was set on 4or5 power. Other rifle was a model 7 Predator in 17Fireball.

You carry a coyote rifle way more than you shoot it. I am currently building a 17 Remington on a 84M Montana. It will be my secondary coyote rifle.

I found the difference between the 22-250 and my previous 223 to be marked. Now the VMax is superior to the the bullets I had in the 223.

I would get a sporter weight 22-250 or 22Creedmoor in a fast twist (or not), put a scope with no higher than about 4 on the low end. You decide whether 12, 14, 16 on the high end. I would forget dialing, as I think the coyote can move positions faster than most people can dial. I've been watching big Al Morris of FoxPro use his Nightforce. I don't think i miss anymore than he does and i don't dial. Sometimes less is more.