Originally Posted by Snyper
I heard a report the day it happened that said witnesses had seen it spiraling out of control before it hit the mountain, as if there was a tail rotor problem.

I made a post regarding that. It was reported to me, and some friends sent a video that their employee reportedly sent them just after it happened (he was very close by working on a roof in Calabasas that day), and claimed to our friends (owners of the company) that he just took the video of the crash, and was leaving to meet up with the police.

Seemed legit, but after I watched the video a couple times, the though cropped in my head "why is a girl up on the roof with them screaming"? Then looking closer, terrain looked somewhat plausible knowing the area and accounting for possible camera zoom distortion of terrain, but it did not match the scene as being shown on the news. And....lack of fog that was heavy that morning in the video. Couldn't see great detail on the phone, but once I saw it online, it was easier to tell it was bullchit.

Turns out it was the same video posted to Live Leak, which was posted to youtube over a year ago.

No response from friend today as to WTF that was all about.

Apologies for bad info. These folks are not the type to play sick jokes, but without explanation, not sure what to think. Have known them for over 20 years, and had no reason to think it would be anything other than what they claimed. Very strange.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.