Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I imagine the pilot made a "business decision" that went bad. .

Reckon you're right about that. By my definition a pilot that makes "business decisions" ain't competent. A pilot's job is to complete the mission....every time. Nothing more or less. If the "tees" can't be crossed and the "eyes" dotted, it's a good day to head to the bar.

Had the pleasure (?) of telling a 1 star general "F-U....sir." one day out in the A Shau in response to his order to resume a mission wherein he had violated communication protocols 3 times, thus endangering me and the crew. He broke out of the mission pack and went home. Never heard another word about it because I was justified, if not polite. Also had a couple of occasions to cancel flights in the corporate world that frustrated the boss a fair bit. He's still alive today to bitch about it.

The term(s) "Pilot In Command" (PIC) and/or "Aircraft Commander" (AC) mean just that. If you wear them, act like it. You're God, the whole deal rests on your shoulders. If one insists upon telling the PIC what to do and he/she accepts that in circumstances where flight safety is on the table, you're both stupid.

Pilot rap.......

I got your RMI and your ILS
We fly in the sky, nekkid or dressed
Wherever you want, all day long
Until you scare me, then suck my schlong

Dan
Commercial Rotorcraft, single rotor, CFI, CFII
Airplane SEL, ATP MEL, CFI, CFII

PS: I'm a better pilot than poet.

Exactly right...

My AC was always the rank of a captain. Our airborne battle staff commanders were always a colonel (captain if he was navy). While the commander always expressed his wishes to me if we diverted or were working out of an AOB I followed my AC's lead.