Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Secondly and contrary to what some witnesses say that this was somehow a slower speed impact. Instead, the sheriff authorities have confirmed a very high speed bank to the left upon impact.

12 to 18 months until the final NTSB report is disclosed.

If ATC said he was "too low for flight following" - meaning they couldn't see him on radar, how dafu k do they know what he did once he dropped down from altitude? He could have dropped quickly down when he saw an opening in the clouds/fog and then rambled around slowly at low altitude looking for a way out or a reference point.
This is one case where I'm believing the witness at the church.
...........................You can drop below radar detection while still being fairly high off the ground depending on the terrain. I would assume that the best way you could determine if a high speed impact occurred,, or not to have occurred,,, would be to carefully look at the debris field, the condition of the wreckage, plus other variables.

During that latest press conference update, the sheriff officials stated that a high speed impact took place. That tells me that they acquired that info from the on site NTSB investigators who were actually at the scene of the crash.

The pictures I've seen show a mess of rotor blades/parts higher on the hill with the fuselage and tail rotor and burned debris further down the hill.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 01/29/20.