I have been shooting and collecting 45 ACP 1911 for 40 years now. I am not a super collector, only things I like to shoot. My favorite is a AMT Long Slide 7" stainless steel (not with laser sighting, like terminator) I traded a colt Commander I bought and hated from day 1 (never own another for sure). The AMT is a crowd pleaser and a pleasure to shoot. One of my absolute favorites. I have Para P14 which is the only double stack 45 I have and love that gun also. Then I have several Spring field, ATI, Rock Island and other assorted Brands that have come my way.

What do you have and like to shoot?

I also reload constantly 45 ACP and have had to change loads over the years because powder manufactures come and go and gun regulation shoot up the industry 4-10 years ago (We know who I am talking about). So if you like to reload 45 ACP is probably the easiest and most forgiving cartridge I know.

I also have a couple of 10mm 1911 which are real interesting to shoot in comparison to the 45 ACP.

I really would like to hear from you and am interesting to learn your stories of the 1911 culture.