Originally Posted by Thunderstrike44
I really would like to hear from you and am interesting to learn your stories of the 1911 culture.

I have not owned a 1911. I've shot a few. 'til the most recent, I didn't care for them. The very flat grip profile .. in other words, the grip being thin side to side but long front to back, with somewhat square corners, causes them to recoil to the side rather than up and down for me. These were mostly "mil spec", not better grade commercial or custom guns. The last one I shot was a Kimber Pro Carry II. It had thicker grips with more rounding at the corners creating an overall more round grip profile that fits my hand a lot better. With it I was able to haul ass and hit stuff at the same time. Sorta in the back of my mind that I probably need one. However, there are always conflicting priorities and it hasn't bubbled to the top of the list yet. If I could find a 1911 in 10mm that fit my hand as well as that .45 I would probably be even happier. I'm a revolver guy, .44s are my love, so recoil is just not a "thing" for me.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...