I only have two at present, a Custom Shop Colt 1991A1, and a Ruger SR-1911 Target. Over the years, I've had about 10 more, but for whatever reasons, after using them pretty hard, I moved them on to other users. I used to shoot IPSC/USPSA and worked them pretty hard I had one crack it's frame after possibly 100K, but it still worked and shot well when I sold it. Two LW Commanders, a Gold Cup ('70 Series, and a POS), an Essex frame and slide gun (a GOOD one), a Delta Elite, a .38 Super GM, a Springfield, and a Caspian I built myself. I had fun with them, only the Gold Cup gave me fits, breaking the collet bushiing, sights falling off, edges too damned sharp, etc.
I picked up the Custom Shop 1991 in the '90s, it had a beavertail, long trigger, throated, and some other niceties I wasn't expecting. I didn't know it was a Custom Shop gun until I saw the engraving under the Navidrex stocks. It's a pretty good gun, but no better, really, than this new Ruger I bought last fall.
I doubt I'll ever buy another 1911, if I do, though, it will be another LW Commander, which I think is the most useful of the bunch. Not as much fun to shoot, but a lot more fun to carry.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.