Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Just finished tuning a Kimber 10mm, which had issues. It's very accurate but was choking regularly when I got it. The ramped barrel is desirable for heavy 10mm loads. A few days ago I got it running successfully; still testing but looking forward to shooting it. I like the 10mm, and at some point I'll add a Wilson or Baer so chambered.

My sentiments are the same. Have a Kimber Custom Match II and it FTF out of the box. Laughable bad quality control. The good thing was I bought with the plan on taking it to Luke Volkmann to customize. $1000+ later it's my goto woods gun. Smooth, reliable, accurate, comfortable. I have a Dan Wesson Commander in 10mm and it's just as accurate as the customized Kimber. But, the DW came with a match barrel that's so tight that after one magazine the chamber is fouled enough the that slide won't go into full battery because the round gets hung up on the ever-so-slight fouling. The chamber is a solid 0.002" tighter than my other 10mm barrels. I can't figure out for the life of me, why Dan Wesson put such a tight match barrel on a fix sighted commander sized 10mm??? Like WTF were they thinking? Was I supposed to use a 10mm fixed sighted commander to shoot Camp Perry bullseye? Luke is fixing that for me too. Volkmann is adding 10mm original 1911's to his offering this year. 100% custom 10mm's, frame, barrel, slide, all of it. So like you, I'm seriously considering a real high-end custom 10mm to the holster this year.