I have a few of them; my favorites tend to be the Les Baers, and Colts, but I have others that I like. Just finished tuning a Kimber 10mm, which had issues. It's very accurate but was choking regularly when I got it. The ramped barrel is desirable for heavy 10mm loads. A few days ago I got it running successfully; still testing but looking forward to shooting it. I like the 10mm, and at some point I'll add a Wilson or Baer so chambered.

One of my gripes about modern 1911's is that some makers cut corners by bead blasting the whole gun, without masking precision surfaces. The breech face, slide rails, feed ramps, extractor hook, etc. should be left smooth as machined.

Some of the lower cost 1911's work well. I have a RIA in the .22TCM/9mm combos, and it works well. The .22 TCM had extraction issues, which I eventually fixed, and the 9mm barrel is excellent, no problems at all.

I've worked with several chamberings - .22 TCM, 9x19, .38 ACP/Super, 9x23, .40 S&W, 10MM, .400 Cor-Bon, and .45 ACP. It's a fun pistol for experimenters, and serious shooters. Still not obsolete after 109 years smile

I've never owned a "BBQ gun". Might have to change that someday - maybe a Caspian with Damascus slide and mammoth ivory grips grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."