Originally Posted by tpcollins
Wife shocked me when she said she’d like to have a pistol to keep in the drawer - especially when I’m away.

I’ve left my .40 S&W Springfield and Ruger LC9 for her (I take the LCP with me) but both are rather big for her.

I was thinking of maybe of a .22 auto - the Walther PPQ 22 looks nice as well as she should be able to shoot it at the range without much trouble - she’s not the strongest person there is.

I know a .22 isn’t the most effective weapon but it should scare the hell out of an intruder. Just wondering what other really small .22 autos there are? Thanks.

I think that I would visit a gun store/range that will allow her to try several different types. FInd the one she likes and then purchase a little practice time. My way of thinking would be in the 380 range or 38 special.

Last year we were trying out my buddies Ruger LC9 with a group diverse (age/sex) people. The Ruger LC9 would not cycle reliable for the young kids and women. Their wrists were not strong enough to hold the gun. The Ruger LC9 was the only gun that had this problem.