Originally Posted by Cariboujack
TPCOLLINS, you were thinking about a semi-auto, but do you have any idea what your wife was thinking? Has she got any experience with handguns at all. I've taught several handgun classes for women and they go for revolvers pretty easily. One of the nicest triggers out there on a revolver is on a Ruger LCR.

I should have stated she’s about 4’10” and 92 pounds soaking wet, small build and arthritis in her hands, and will be 72 in April.

She shot my Ruger Mark II Target .22 at the range several years ago and did really well with it. I let her shoot my 50+ year old .32 revolver and she didn’t like the kick.

My .40 Springfield XD is way too much for her, and I think my Ruger LC9s would have too much recoil for her as well. My main conceit is a Ruger LCP .380 and even with the Rossi trigger upgrade it would be too much for her to pull.

Whatever she gets it will have to be a light trigger - the Glock G44 .22 today had the lightest trigger pull I’ve tried in a while, but I’ll let her decide what she feels is the most comfortable with.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by tpcollins; 02/11/20.