Originally Posted by tpcollins
Wife shocked me when she said she’d like to have a pistol to keep in the drawer - especially when I’m away.

I’ve left my .40 S&W Springfield and Ruger LC9 for her (I take the LCP with me) but both are rather big for her.

I was thinking of maybe of a .22 auto - the Walther PPQ 22 looks nice as well as she should be able to shoot it at the range without much trouble - she’s not the strongest person there is.

I know a .22 isn’t the most effective weapon but it should scare the hell out of an intruder. Just wondering what other really small .22 autos there are? Thanks.

I picked up a PP22 some years ago. It's a pre war '39 model that shoots wonderfully and fits small hands quite well. My bride always likes shooting that one as do some of her shooting friends. One thing my wife really likes about it is the de-cocker/safety lever on the slide. She's a little iffy on carrying with one in the tube but this makes it more comfortable for her to do. Walther also chambered the PP in a 32acp and 7.65mm, I haven't shot either of them but I'm sure recoil would be pretty tame. My PP22 holds eight 22lr, not sure what either of the other two hold. Guessing that 8 or 9 rounds into a guy's mid section would change his mind on his plans for the evening, even if they were just lowly 22lr Stinger rounds. I have 2 mags for my PP, one has the pinky finger extension which I really like, and the other does not, the bride likes that one better.

I sometimes carry my PP22 in my front pocket, it's easy, although it just a touch heavy for that I think.

Haven't thought about it much lately, but I may have to look into another one of these in either a 32acp or 7.65mm. Not sure of the round cap on these.

Black Cows Matter!