Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well, just came in from the shop, loaded up some more 320gr Woodleigh PP's with a new bottle of RL-17, loaded one a bit under max load from the last batch to check consistency with new powder lot, Yup! 63.5 grs RL-17 went 2394 fps, close enough to 2400 fps for me, this is an easy setup for the 9.3x62mm, just remember 329, +3 at 100, +2 at 200, -9 at 300 yards, same/same for my 400 H&H firing 400gr A Frames at 2400 fps, we have a damn fun hobby here gentlemen.

That’s a helluva combo Gunner!

Old Buddy, I believe it is, I like to load my cartridges to be yanking at the coat tails of the next cartridge up in power, in other words, I have a 338WM and 358NM, I want my 9.3x62 to be chasing a 375 H&H mag in killing power and effectiveness, with 320 grains at 2400 fps it's not too terribly far behind, experimenting in the load shop and picking a powder to get that done on an '06 sized case hull is all the more better.

Wife saves all her ladies magazines for me, when the pile gets big enough, i'll stack em tight in a wax cardboard moving/shipping box, with random cow leg, rib, pelvic etc bones inside, wet em all down and let it soak for a day or two, I can tell you that a 320gr Woodleigh bullet can be beat to hell in that box, but, it has never lost it's core or more than 20% of it's original weight, the damage it does to the box and contents getting wrecked all to hell is more than impressive to say the least.

It's a damn good tough bullet that I'd have no hesitation using on a cape buffalo at 20 yards, or any other game animal save brain shooting an Elephant.

Trump Won!