Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
This .257 Roberts absolutely loves the 100 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip and 44 grains of H4350 with an OAL of 2.770. I look forward to whacking some deer with this fall.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I love your rifle! I have 3 of those 1936 Mexican Small Ring 98s that I've had for 25 years and am just now hoping to get around to building on. One will probably be a .257 Bob AI - since I already have a great Rem 722 in the basic .257 that has accounted for at least 15 deer and pronghorn, AND, because I picked up a Redding 3-die deluxe set for the .257 AI in a pawn shop for $15!
In the 722, I get the same velocities John quoted with the 100 TSX, so I really see no need (the N-word around here, right?) to go the AI route, but I got the dies and it's all for fun anyway, and I have heard that the .257 is one of the AIs that actually does get "improved" a bit by the new shape. Heck, it might also do what my .25-06 already does (there - my loonyism is confirmed).

Regarding the Bob "dying", I think it has already died all it's going to, and kind of like the old guy getting thrown on the dead wagon during the plagues in the Monty Python movie, "[it's] not dead yet...[it's] getting better!"
I think the loonies will keep it alive and every once in awhile some company will offer a factory limited run rifle.
What to do with the other two 1936 Mex? I think one is going to be a 6mm, since my three .243s need a big brother, and I was planning to make one of them a 6.5x55 but I already have a Win 70 FWT (factory chambered) in the Swede , and I'm building a .256 Newton, so that one is still up for grabs.
Sorry to hijack, I know we're supposed to be talking about the Bob since we don't do that enough ;o)
Cheers,
Rex
[i][/i]

Heckuva deal on those dies.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.