Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Mentioned this earlier, but the post disappeared in the crash.

Hornady has been making EXCELLENT brass for at least 3 years now. Have purchased it in .17 Hornet, .243 Winchester, 6mm Creedmoor, .250 Savage, .25-06, .275 Rigby (aka 7x57), 7mm Remington Magnum, .30-06 and .300 Weatherby Magnum at local stores, where it's generally inexpensive. A good example would be the 50 pieces of 7mm Remington Magnum I bought for a magazine assignment, which proved to be as consistent in both weight and neck-thickness as several other premium brands, including Lapua. So I went back and bought another 50...

They do not offer component .257 Roberts brass, but they do offer their Superformance load with 117-grain SSTs at a listed 2945 fps--which is as inexpensive, per round, as some component brass these days (depending on where you buy it, of course). Picked up my first box today at a local store (the only one they had) and will report on it soon, both the ammo performance and brass quality.

Also saw some in an more distant local store a few weeks ago, and will see if it's still there next time we make it to the "big city."

I shot that Superformance ammo with the 117 SST in my custom, 5 shots over the Magnetspeed avg velocity 2820 fps and SD = 20.0; accuracy was minute of hog/deer as well grin I bought 5 boxes in case they shot well and would all be from the same lot...since all my shots are under 250 yds really no need to reload but I will of course! I really want to try the 90 gr GMX but will work up an accurate 100 TTSX load first sine that has been my go to bullet for years

PASS IT ON!