Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
We really need more 3" actions for a number of rounds. My Roberts is in a LA and the way it was set up by a real master smith, it's one of the slickest feeding rifles I have, no matter how the rounds are positioned in the box mag.

DF

There's still a few Yugos floating around that won't break the bank. They aren't full length actions and are designed for the 57 MM case which still allows seating bullets out further than the Remington 700 Short Action. I built my AI on one. However I would like to make a recommendation. Don't use the Ackley Improved reamer. Try to find the RCBS reamer. It doesn't have quite the angle on the shoulder and the rounds will chamber better than the Ackley without any alteration. I had to file a little off the inside of the extractor to make the Ackley work.The amount of powder difference is negligible with the RCBS. If I had it to do over again that's what I'd use. Doesn't look quite as sexy as the Ackley, but I'm more into function than looks.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/14/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!