I have somewhat mixed feelings when it comes to the Bob. My 1st was m70 USRAC FWT in the summer of 1984 ,it had a 2.82 " magazine on a long action. Factory 100 gr +P WW Silvertips shot good in it but WW & RP 117 gr rn loads didn't shoot for [bleep]. With 100 gr Hornady's & 4350 shot really well if seated out to the lands at 3.00" which made a single shot out of it. So my new rifle needed the mag block removed, a full length follower and the bolt stop fixed or repaired to be right. That was the last new model 70 I ever bought fugging dipchits at USRAC. It went down the road. Next was a M700 mtn rifle that didn't shoot worth beans and it didn't hang around long either. One day at the local LGS I spotted a very slightly used Ruger M77 RL in 257 after checking the mag length at 3" I cut a deal on it. the trigger was real nice. It was a Timney. It's a nice handling rifle that shoots 100 gr Hornady's and H4350 real well finally a good shooting 257. ONLY TOOK 25 years to get there. I put it to the test on the second weekend of antelope season that year 1 buck and 4 does out to 300 yds 1 doe needed a finisher but all the rest were 1 shot a piece. I've come to understand that the Bob does nothing you can't do with a 243 or 25-06. Although pursuing a good one can be a bitch. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "