Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Went to join Planet Fitness this afternoon .

Was handed an I-pad info. needed - name, address, date of birth, home phone, cell phone, bank account routing number, account number, bank card number , expiration date, 3 digit CVC card verification number, Email , employer , 2 emergency contact names numbers,

Let's see, you are in business and take CC's

Name: check
Address: check
CC number, with bank verification, expiration date, CVC number: check
You want to be able to contact your customer in case of questions: address, phone and e-mail: check
Your are running a gym for example: Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

You have SS, other insurance, a credit card, electricity, sewage, water, etc . It's already all out there and there are those willing to pay to have it. But you go on and think you are protecting your private info.

Why do you think you get phishing e-mails and phone calls?

And you were surprised you entered a modern day, full on exercise establishment and saw a man bun or two? Amazing and seriously funny chit!!!!

If someone decides they don't want to dole out all of their banking details that's up to them .
A business is for making money - turning a profit IMO , if someone wants to pay cash/check/cc/money order /etc. - i'll except their money .
I've never been asked by power company/water/sewer/cable or any other utility company for bank account numbers . I don't think i use my SS# on 4473 form although i'll repeat PF didn't ask for my SS# . .
There comes a time when asking for personal info. when they could just take a check or cash and stay out of my business , that point was PF yesterday .
Go right ahead and hand yours out all you want - very progressive of you to join into -modern times- LAF you're totally mod man .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went into an office supply place a while back picked up a ink cartridge went to counter with cash . You want to put that on your store card -NO- just pay cash , ok what's your email - gave her some extremely long BS email then a fake phone number . She finally figured out both were BS she said will you stop wasting my time - i said no you're wasting my time . She told me it was for my receipt if i wanted a receipt she needed the info. - i said if the cartridge doesn't work i'll bring it back- lay it on the counter get another and walk out the door . As the door closed behind me .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.