Originally Posted by lvmiker
I was born in 1947 and have noticed that things have changed a little in the past 73 years. Some of those things are better, some worse. Unless you live in a cave and shop at underground swap meets you will be forced to encounter the realities of life in 2020. Having a clerk who actually gets up in the morning and goes to work ask me the questions that she is instructed to do does not raise my blood pressure nor does a blood pressure check at the dentist.

Get out of bed in the morning with a positive mental attitude and the annoying vagaries of modern life get put in the very small space they deserve. As far as personal privacy issues are concerned, be aware and cautious while realizing that privacy is a thing of the past, simple fact, live w/ it or let it ruin your day.

Or take your rifle to the deep wood and live off the landgrin

mike r

LOL Mike, anyone can see a well designed, very telegraphed sucker punch coming, meaning, the dentist is in bed with the doctor. who is in bed with the pharmacy. who is in bed with the insurance companies, they all will NEVER pass an opportunity to fu-k you hard, well, and often, anyone of them sniff out a problem, the rest are notified, and it's going to COST you, of course we need them, docs and drugs can be lifesaving, the population may be less half today without them, BUT, we can and will provide you treatment and life as long as you have insurance or can can afford it. crazy

I've not had any problems from any, but have heard financial wrecking horror stories, from something as accidental as a child getting snake bit, they, like banks and ins co's sending you chit in the mail daily have become to intrusive and nosey.

The 5 or 6 banks I deal with, send me statements each month, leave me alone, insurance co's, send me my damn bill once a year, leave me alone! they could all take a lesson from the electricity company. grin

And, your last line may become a reality for all of us someday ; ]

Trump Won!