Originally Posted by pete53
some of us have some very accurate Ruger #1`s,sometimes they need forearm work , some #1`s need other adjustments to make a #1 shoot well ,sometimes some shooters just don`t shoot well with any rifle ? as a gun dealer and owner of at least 50-60 Ruger # 1`s over many years i think i have a real understanding on how to make this type a rifle shoot well.

Good looks can only get you so far in life. It would have been helpful if Ruger took some feedback on accuracy. I quote the above, because most buyers dont want to pay up for a premium rifle and then make it into a project. I read this often. it is very good to be aware but; not a good way to promote sales. I own two No'1 and accuracy is so-so to adequate. I have a Higgs gizmo someplace around here to try out someday. I dont know what the other tricks are. Forarm relived? Honestly, this is not what I pay up for. I have seen numbers as high as $1500 in local shops for a 450! Meanwhile, I have a $400 Ruger American in 450 that is very accurate.

Second opinion, The best way to sell guns is lower the price. Think about the No3 with plain wood. A low cost No3 in 44mmag is a gun I would buy that tomorrow. When I see the next used one it will happen Then I need to worry about scope mounting. Ugg. Much more handy than a Henry. The Henry has nice wood, but a nice stock is the frosting on a cake. Wood does not count for much if the gun itself does not measure up.