Originally Posted by Bobber257
Even with the plain wood a Ruger #1 has a lot more class than the Teflon stocked monstrosities that are so popular now. There’s no such thing as a “beautiful “ or even “nice” looking Teflon stocked or “black” gun. True, they may be accurate and durable but there are lots of accurate and durable wood & steel rifles to be had.. Beside, as I read somewhere, “Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

i have to agree and when i hunt or someplace else and they see me with my Ruger #1 in the woods, field,camp,or at the range most gotta ask me about my #1 rifle. all gun people seem to be fascinated by Ruger #1 looks and wanna know how this #1 shoots and none ever say a #1 is ugly.i only wish when i was 20 something years of age i would have started to buy these classy Ruger #1`s then ! >> a good friend with plenty money last fall 2019 i talked him into buying a used older Ruger #1 270 Win. he was impressed right away how well it shot, ease of loading this #1, he killed a heck of a nice whitetail buck and a decent 5x5 bull elk in Colorado same fall 2019 and now he also wonders why he never purchased a #1 earlier in life too .

Last edited by pete53; 03/25/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman