all very good points about these rifles ,but at my age i want a quality built rifle and myself i like the one shot and done ,my Ruger #1 shoots well out to 600 yards ,resale 10-20 years will always have great value,my rifle will be inherited to a grandson there is alot of pride with any rifle with class too.if you wanna shoot a cheap rifle and a cheap scope go for it, that`s just not my style,i want speed,accuracy and workmanship. here`s my specs. on my Ruger #1 s.s. ,this rifle has a custom 27 inch, in a 257 Weatherby,#5 Brux barrel,Timney trigger,glass bedded and floated shoots 3800 fps with my handloads, 100 gr. Nosler Partition shoots under a inch at 200 yards ,scope is a Nightforce 5-22x56 ,custom made picatinny base.i had 2 of these built one for me one for my son and when i am gone grandson gets mine.for the last 10 years this rifle has always shot well,never a mechanical problem and killed some great bucks out west and in Minnesota too. in my family we talk rifles,cartridges and bucks shot at all family functions including funerals, a hunter`s rifle is a pride thing for myself,friends and family members too. if you worry about cost or a rifle ,why ? many of us have spilled more money in a bar.Grin

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman