yes i have some older Sako`s that shoot great, a bunch of Rem.700`s and Savages too all shoot well too ,but i do have a few # 1`s that also shoot great but not all. but for collecting those Ruger #1`s go up much faster in value than any other new today rifles. another point these #1`s just are a very unique single shot made in America, easy to load and unload , has really no receiver of length which makes the rifle easier in a small box blind/stand to move in and out of windows while hunting. another very accurate rifle that is really over looked is a Browning BLR these lever rifles also shoot extremely well too. yes most people will shoot a bolt rifle to hunt with ,good for them,i won`t anymore i like a rifle with a little different look and feel with probably the same accuracy and the thought i was taught early as a youth make your first shot count don`t be wasting ammo or ruining meat. i don`t need a big clip/magazine full of ammo to shoot a game animal ,game animals don`t shoot back.

Last edited by pete53; 04/01/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman