It is a little sad - this Single Shot 24CF room used to be dominated by Ruger #1 threads, but not anymore. I've owned a few:

- A #1V in .223 that was a great way to get started, but not being much of a varmint guy, I LET IT GO

- A #1B in 25/06 that gave me confidence to call my shots almost as much as the Glenfield .22 that I've had since I was 12, and the Red Ryder that I started shooting when I was maybe 7 - I LET IT GO

- A #1B in .338 Win Mag. that made 1/2", 3-shot groups at 100 yards commonplace. It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing it was sighted-in and ready to go for any tag I happened to get - I LET IT GO

- A #1-s in .375 H&H Mag. It would shoot 3/4" without much issue, but I wanted something else more - so I LET IT GO

- A #1 RSI in 7x57 that had the best factory wood I have ever seen on a #1 that wasn't some sort of special edition - partly because it was darned nice, but also because the front and back looked as if it came from the same blank - I LET IT GO

- And finaly - a 4-digit #1 S26M in 30/06. It's nice enough to make one want to pack it away to collect value, but we hunt! I will let this one go when the good Lord decides to let me go. That's the plan anyway.