with respect i just have a hard time myself spending money on a Henry single shot yes they work ok, but my thought is for another $300.00-500.00 above the price of a Henry single shot i can find a real nice Ruger #1 that will keep its value or go up in value or i can give it to a family member. my son,daughter ,son-in-law all have there #1`s already ,and all grandkids will have Ruger #1`s from me too. i have always taught them one and done shot thing hunting, plus i just feel Ruger #1`s are so easy to load and unload,easy safety,simple strong action, really there is no action to speak of so your rifle is 4 inches shorter than a reciever rifle with same barrel length so in a box stand its a easier rifle to use too.i am at the point in my life if i buy a gun it won`t be a cheap gun anymore i want to leave very nice rifles and pistols with class to my family and until then i will use some.> its just a thought you might want to think about before you spend that money on a cheaper quality gun ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman