As said by others it depends upon the conditions and type of hunting.

Cold temperatures and high wind velocity are hell on lower quality clothing. 30 to 50 mph winds are common in some areas I hunt, pair those winds with temperatures in the -5 to -10 F being a mile plus from the truck and the quality of the gear matters. Weather like that can kill you if you’re not well prepared.

Other parts of the province at other times of the year being able to stay dry in the heavy wet snow is critical.

The ability of the clothes to resist abrasion while crawling through stubble or slithering through willows is another test on clothes.

I started hunting when money was as tight as a ducks backside (that’s water tight boys 😃) I hunted in whatever I had at hand. I was young and able to endure lots of discomfort. As time went by money became more available and I added proper hunting gear.

I now use a hodge podge of surplus wool, codet (a great Canadian brand I can’t find any more) wool, Sitka, Kuiu and various fleece and merino wool mountaineering stuff. The expensive stuff is well worth the money when conditions are extreme. I’m also older and don’t tolerate being miserable as much as I used to.

The key point is in a free market economy folks get to spend their money in whatever manner floats their boat and no one should really GAF what others do.

Just my thoughts. Hope y’all have a great day.

GRF