Not that I really care, but I find an interesting commonality in these threads. Everyone talks about not wanting to have pay big bucks for quality clothing but the next sentence they say that "I will not scrimp on footwear". Feet are important to be comfortable hiking into an area that you want to get to. Are not comfortable clothing that is not bulky or noisy, that keeps you dry and warm just as important as your feet? I grew up hunting with wore out work boots from summer harvest, wearing two pair of wranglers instead of longjohns and a pair of wranglers. With a bulky work coat that shed neither rain or snow. There were wool clothing around but nobody I was ever around wore any of that stuff, that was for the city people who came to the mountains. As I have gotten older and found hunting outlets that have quality clothing that when you are sitting out on an open ridge and it is 0 or below and the wind is blowing i can sit there tucked into my comfortable cloths and continue to search for animals. There seems to be a revolt that there is something wrong with you if you succumb to wearing quality camo clothing. Personally I don't care what a person wears if they are able to stay warm and comfortable. In my years of working in search and rescue I have rescued and recovered many people who were not prepared for the elements. Once again all of this is just my very humble opinion.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.