Originally Posted by UPhiker
We had an older gentleman on our range with a 1911 with a laser a couple of years ago who stuck his hand in front of his muzzle to see if his laser was on. For some stupid reason, he pulled the trigger. When he came off the range he was bleeding but with his nonchalant manner, I first thought he just had slide bite. Then I saw the hole in the palm of his hand. So much for the old "hit 'em with a .45 in the little finger and they're going down" tale.

So his hand was still attached to his wrist?

Reminds me of Marine Corps Boot Camp back in 1972. I was one of a couple of "white" Marines included in a virtually all Mexican platoon. We were at the rifle range at Camp Pendleton. One of the Mexican recruits was homesick and figured out a plan to shoot himself in the toe with his M-14, thus getting a medical discharge from the Marine Corps and a free ticket home. Unfortunately for him he shot off half of his foot. He did get the medical discharge, though! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee