Originally Posted by javman
Originally Posted by UPhiker
We had an older gentleman on our range with a 1911 with a laser a couple of years ago who stuck his hand in front of his muzzle to see if his laser was on. For some stupid reason, he pulled the trigger. When he came off the range he was bleeding but with his nonchalant manner, I first thought he just had slide bite. Then I saw the hole in the palm of his hand. So much for the old "hit 'em with a .45 in the little finger and they're going down" tale.

My friend had bought a 45LC and we took it out with factory ammo. Asked what I thought and I told him take poke at that bowling pin right there, which was only about 15yds. He shot it and barely knocked it down and he thought he had grazed it. I told him let's go check it out. Well the slug was dead center on the bowling pin and had penetrated maybe 1/8 or so of an inch. Looked at him and said, if you don't hand load it won't do much! Now don't get me wrong it will kill someone but would better make sure you place that shot in the vitals!

Something is wrong with your ammo. Whenever I've shot bowling pins with .45 Colt factory ammo, they fly off the table. With 9mms they fall over but sometimes don't leave the table.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.