Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
10, the thing that I have thought about many times, why does this not happen with the big cased .22's.. One thing I considered is I have never shot an animal except varmints at over 200 yards with those.. But most of my game with the .24's & 25's have been less than 200 also.. Thanks for the interest...

WCH, Valid point for sure.

I have my thoughts about why the big case 22s and light bullets in the 24s work so well.

I have seen the 223, 22-250 and Swift used over 200 yards but those bullets were either the 55 grain Sierra Gameking and a bud used a Swift with a 55 grain V-Max on a doe several years back.

The doe shot with the Swift was pretty much dead where she was shot at about 300 yards. The little V Max bruised the hell out of the opposite side but as to be expected did not exit.

The 55 Gamekings exit deer for the most part. Probably another bullet used in there but the Sierra was used 99% of the time early on.

No huge bodied bucks shot with anything other than the Partition though in the .22 calibers.

If toting a .22 for deer again the Nosler Partition is what I will most likely use. Maybe a TTSX but the Nosler lays out a fine blood trail in the 22 caliber.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!